You Need a DWI/DUI Lawyer!
Have You or a Loved One Been Arrested for DUI or DWI?
A DUI or DWI accusation is a difficult accusation to comprehend because the legal consequences can be harsh, but the long-term effects can infiltrate every aspect of your life.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a DUI, you have rights that need to be protected and you have the right to fight for your future. Why pay the maximum consequences if you don’t have to?
Exactly! You shouldn’t have to.
Get Your DUI/DWI Questions Answered Right Here
Every state has its own set of DUI and DWI laws. They can be very confusing. Unless you have a law degree or an in-depth knowledge of the law, you probably have many questions about DWI and DUI laws and the potential consequences that could be faced in the event of a conviction.
The DUIwise answers section was created to provide you with answers for the most commonly asked DWI and DUI questions. Click below to browse the Answers Section.
THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO WHEN ARRESTED FOR DUI IS NOTHING
Accepting a DUI or DWI charge and doing nothing about it is going to result in being handed the maximum penalties. Even if you are told that pleading guilty will give you a break, it may not be the break that you could get with the proper legal help.
Simply look at the things that you stand to lose:
• Your Time – Most states require minimum jail time, even for a first-time offense. Being in jail can result in loss of your job due to missed work. It is also a hit to your dignity and can be a traumatizing experience, which is why it is important to try and get out of jail as soon as possible.
• Your Driver’s License – Your driver’s license could be suspended or revoked for an amount of time that is determined by the severity of the DUI offense and whether there are previous DUI convictions.
• Your Freedom – Not being able to drive has an impact on your freedom and ability to take care of certain responsibilities. If you can drive, the presence of whiskey plates on your vehicle that tell law enforcement that you have been convicted of DUI or the need for an ignition interlock device that can randomly test you while on the go also encroach on your freedom.
• Your Money – A DUI comes with hefty fines in addition to any jail time that may need to be served. In addition to fines, there are costs associated with the reinstatement of your license after license suspension or revocation is over. Car insurance may also be canceled or rates significantly increased. If you have to obtain an ignition interlock device so you can drive your vehicle, the cost is on you.
• Your Career – Many jobs require a clean criminal record. In addition to the damage being in jail can do, a conviction can result in the loss of your job and the inability to work in certain fields in the future.
• Your Pride – Being convicted of any crime can damage your reputation. An upstanding member of society can be seen as a criminal after a DUI conviction.
Why lose more than you have to? DUIwise can help you find an experienced DUI attorney who will work hard to change the outcome of your case from the most serious consequences to the least serious possible.
Don’t Sit Back and Accept the Charges
It’s imperative to do something about a DUI charge. One of the most common emotions associated with a DUI charge is shame. Even if there is merit to the charges against you, understand that people make mistakes in different ways. No one is perfect, but that doesn’t negate the need to fight for the future, especially against something as life-altering as a DUI charge.
The overwhelming feeling of guilt has a tendency to cause people to “get what they deserve” when they really don’t deserve what the legal system will make them endure.
With the help of a DUI attorney, you can prevent yourself from losing more than what is demanded by the law. However, you can’t wait. The sooner your attorney is able to begin work on your case, the stronger your defense will be.
Let us put you in touch with an experienced attorney who can protect you and your rights.
Your Attorney is Your Ally
When you have an attorney working on your case, many things happen. The first is an investigation into whether or not the arresting officer had probable cause to make the traffic stop. A stop cannot be made without probable cause; otherwise, it’s not a valid stop.
Your attorney also looks at the arrest process. Were you read your Miranda Rights? Were your rights violated at any point during the process? If a rights violation exists, this can be used in your case.
Experienced attorneys have managed to have DUI and DWI cases dismissed due to unreliable breathalyzer results, faulty blood or urine testing, and people being arrested for DUI because another legal substance caused their breath or blood to show intoxication when they weren’t.
There are many possibilities, which is why you need to make contact with your attorney so the evidence doesn’t go stale and the memories fade. Your attorney will leave no stone unturned.
If reduced charges are what constitutes the best result in your case, your DUI attorney will use his or her knowledge and the facts of your case to negotiate the best result. There have been instances where criminal attorneys have been able to have DUI charges reduced to a less-serious traffic offense. This possibility can vary by state, but it has been a possibility for many people charged with DUI.
Even if the reduced charge is still a DUI, the goal is for you to not have to pay more consequences than you have to. The severity also has an impact on your future. For instance, a felony DUI charge is going to be more alarming to an employer than a misdemeanor DUI. Although many employers don’t want DUIs at all, exceptions can be made. For example, someone who has gone 10 years without another DUI has a better chance of getting the job than someone with a new DUI conviction on his or her record.
You do have a shot at a positive future! All you have to do is put an experienced and dedicated ally in your corner.
70 Percent of DUI Attorneys Consistently Get the Charges Reduced for Their Clients!
70 percent is a very good figure when it comes to getting the charges reduced for clients. You can minimize the impact on your driving privileges, avoid spending months in jail, reduce fines and cushion the impact the DUI conviction can have on your record by having one of these attorneys working next to you throughout the legal process.
You need a DUI lawyer who will:
• Reduce or eliminate jail time
• Help you keep your license
• Negotiate a reduction of the charge to a lesser offense or eliminate it
• Keep your case out of public trial with a plea bargain
• Help you step by step through the legal process
DUIWise will help you find that attorney. All you have to do is answer a few questions so that you can be connected with an attorney in your area who can help you. You get a free case review so that you can understand your rights and options. This is the first step toward fighting for your future and alleviating any doubt that you may be feeling.
Instead of being doubtful and shameful, you can enter into the process determined to get your life back.
CLICK HERE to get started toward defending yourself and your future against DUI or DWI charges.